What’s the role?
Based in North Sydney, the DevOps Engineer collaborates with software developers, environment/system suppliers, operations and staff members to manage code releases, product deployments and maintain internal systems. The role is central to merging the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams while automating and streamlining our operations and processes.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the role will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations while troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environments. The DevOps engineer will have strong cloud computing services experience. They will create on-premise and cloud formation templates to build service environments that support our custom applications. They will build the whole stack, VMs to databases, and then configure and launch application instances.
- Take ownership of production cloud environments, maintaining consistent uptime and performance in accordance with our SLAs
- Manage the methods of deployment (development, testing and production) and the processes and tools required to execute those deployments
- Manage the continuous integration systems used to build Holocentric software products
- Manage the software development tools used by the development team and ensure they are scalable and failure proof
- Create failure management processes and tools so outages can be handled without causing a loss of delivery
- Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team
- Manage issue tracking and agile development tools (Atlassian JIRA)
- Assist with operational support problems, especially fault-finding performance or stability issues on the cloud environment
- Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts
- Maintain supplier relationships while devising and developing analytical methods and tools to measure the cost-effectiveness and efficiency of products and processes
- Advise on new technologies and methodologies by becoming an expert in emerging technologies and tools
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have experience configuring/operating in virtual environments
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with MS Azure is required)
- Should have experience with both Windows and Unix based operating systems
- Must have experience in configuration and deployment of .NET web applications
- Must have a good knowledge of deployment and configuration technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- Must have a good working knowledge of source control technologies (e.g. Git, subversion)
- Must have a good working knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with federated identity management through Azure AD and ADFS is highly desirable
We are committed to building excellence and work hard to provide a workplace that encourages and supports our people. We have a highly collaborative and social team environment with open offices, Friday drinks, offsite company kick-offs and team building activities.
We offer competitive salaries and as we grow and evolve opportunities for career and professional development plus a real ability to help shape our product future. We also have a share options scheme so you can participate in the success of our business.
We don’t believe in fixing people in rigid positions, but rather seek to match interest and capability. If you like a challenge, want to deliver exceptional results and seek to reach your potential, we’d like to hear from you!
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG?
So by now you would have realised that we aren't your average software company. We have big dreams for our business and our people.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of a company that is on its way to becoming a leading Australian software company.
If you want to make a difference and be part of a team that takes pride in helping other organisations improve their business performance, then please apply with your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you would like to join us.