What makes Holocentric exciting?
Working in the R&D team at Holocentric isn't a regular software job. It's kind of like comparing fast food preparation with being a chef.
We have people on the team who have not only designed and built scripting engines, parsers, diagramming frameworks with customisable notations, task frameworks and repositories, we also have members that have designed cockpits for the latest blockbuster movies! Needless to say, we're a diverse bunch who love doing interesting things and punch well above our weight.
Building a product isn't just about the technology. It's about the impact on other people's lives. What we create makes a big difference to our customers, the way they work and people they interact with, be it keeping aircraft safe and in the sky, trains running, water flowing, food being prepared in accordance with the strict regulations, or even helping to keep our country safe, our software is part of this.
What we're missing now is you. If you're a .NET developer with solid project experience and consider yourself a good coder, with some full-stack or relevant Front End experience, this job could be for you.
This isn't an ordinary business website you'll be working on here. You'll be working on R&D that leads to spectacular products being built. So what are you waiting for? Choose ordinary or do something artfully spectacular? We're waiting to hear from you!
What's the Role?
- Extensive use of .NET and related Microsoft technologies, including Azure, as well as thin client and desktop applications
- Apply Object-Oriented principles and working in an agile fashion
- Code, mentor other colleagues and management activities, such as estimation, specification and task tracking
- Learn our existing and emerging product frameworks so that they can be enhanced with integrity
- Organise work, participate and run design/review sessions, mentor others in your areas of expertise and report regularly on progress
- Product support, help with technical issues and assist with troubleshooting
- 3+ years of project experience applying .NET (or other), HTML5, scripting, database and related technologies
- Experience using Web or RESTful services
- Keen to work with Angular 2 framework
- Track record of mentoring people in a software team
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to apply Object-Oriented principles, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of UML class diagrams
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS or relevant technology degree (provide academic record if graduated over the last 5 years)
Perks of the Job
Some of the perks for working in a small, dynamic company include: great culture, open offices, highly collaborative workplace, offsite company kick-off and planning sessions, weekly drinks and catch up, plus a real ability to help shape our product future. We also have a share option scheme, so you can participate in the success of the business.
We don't believe in fixing people in rigid positions, but rather seek to match interest and capability. If you like a challenge, want to deliver exceptional results and seek to reach your potential we'd like to hear from you!
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG?
So by now you would have realised that we aren't your average software company. We have big dreams for our business and our people.
You wouldn't want to be the one who missed their opportunity to be part of a company that is on its way to becoming a leading Australian software company.
If you want to make a difference and be part of a team that takes pride in helping other organisations improve their business performance, then please apply with your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, telling us why you would like to join us.