Front End Developer
What makes Holocentric exciting?
Working in the R&D team at Holocentric isn't a regular software job. It's kind of like comparing fast food preparation with being a chef.
We have people on the team who have not only designed and built scripting engines, parsers, diagramming frameworks with customisable notations, task frameworks and repositories, we also have members that have designed cockpits for the latest blockbuster movies! Needless to say, we're a diverse bunch who love doing interesting things and punch well above our weight.
Building a product isn't just about the technology. It's about the impact on other people's lives. What we create makes a big difference to our customers, the way they work and people they interact with, be it keeping aircraft safe and in the sky, trains running, water flowing, food being prepared in accordance with the strict regulations, or even helping to keep our country safe, our software is part of this.
What we're missing now is you. If you are keen to become an expert Front End developer using Angular, have relevant experience and want to work is a great team, this job could be for you.
A warning though, this isn't an ordinary business website you'll be working on here. You'll be working on R&D that leads to spectacular products being built. So what are you waiting for? Choose ordinary or do something artfully spectacular? We're waiting to hear from you!
- Extensive use of .NET and related Microsoft technologies, including Azure, as well as thin client and desktop applications
- Design and implement Front End technology with opportunity to work on the Back End
- Apply Object-Oriented principles, working in an Agile fashion
- Organise work and personal activities, such as estimation, specification and task tracking
- Work in a collaborative team, participate in design/review sessions
- Learn our product frameworks so that they can be enhanced it with integrity
- Identify and address any issues or development problems
- Product support, help with technical issues and assist with troubleshooting
- Hands-on Front End developer experience using a popular framework.
- Keen interest to become an expert in Angular framework.
- Experience applying .NET (or other), HTML5, scripting, database and related technologies
- Apply Object-Oriented principles, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of UML class diagrams
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS or relevant technology degree
Perks of the Job
Some of the perks for working in an expanding, dynamic company include: great culture, open offices, highly collaborative workplace, offsite company kick-off and planning sessions, weekly drinks and catch up, plus a real ability to help shape our product future. We also have a share option scheme, so you can participate in the success of the business.
You’ll also be working in a development environment with a bunch of people that love playing computer games, reading graphic novels, watching anime, cooking and eating great food, plus more.
We don’t believe in fixing people in rigid positions, but rather seek to match interest and capability. If you like a challenge, want to deliver exceptional results and are looking to reach your potential, we’d like to hear from you!
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG?
So, by now you would have realised that we aren't your average software company. We have big dreams for our business and our people.
We wouldn't want you to be the one who missed their opportunity to be part of a company that is on its way to becoming a leading Australian software company.
If you want to make a difference and be part of a team that takes pride in helping other organisations improve their business performance, then please apply with your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you would like to join us.