Sometimes there is a need to send out ad-hoc tasks to BMS users for them to complete. Tasks that can be assigned to users are of the below types:
- Approval Task: Approval Tasks require the assigned users to approve the related items, then provide a comment and an affirmative or negative response. Once a response has been received, the task is considered complete.
- Confirmation Task: Confirmation tasks can be used to ask questions of assigned users. A user must answer affirmative or negative to the question posed, and once the user has done so, the task is complete.
- Feedback Task: Feedback tasks require a text input from the assigned users before they can be submitted. Once submitted, the tasks are considered complete.
- Information Task: Creating information tasks provides messages to the assigned users, which they can acknowledge. Acknowledged tasks are considered complete. No other action can be taken on an information task.
- Review Task: Review Tasks require the assigned users to examine the related items, then provide a comment and an affirmative or negative response. Once a response has been received, the task is considered complete.
To create a new ad-hoc task for an item:
1. In Modeler, access the properties of the item to which you want to link the task
2. Click the General tab (1) and then the Tasks sub-tab
3. Click the ‘Add New Tasks’ button to the right of the tasks sub-tab and select the task type you wish to create.
4. Complete the details for the task as appropriate and click OK
- Only one assignee is allowed per task
- For Release: You can create the task against libraries that are in particular published release states (Draft, Proposed, or Final) or all three published release state
- Required publishing before available: If checked, the task will only become active following the next publication of the library (of the nominated release state). Leaving the box unchecked makes the task appear in the selected published library immediately.
- Start, Due and Reminder Dates: The dates the task becomes active, is due, and if required when a reminder email will be sent (if the task has not been completed)
- Description of work: The description of the work you require the assignee to perform
- Enable escalation, Escalate (period), and Escalate to: If required, you can choose to have the BMS escalate the task to an appointed person if the task has not been actioned within the chosen timeframe
- An item can have more than one task at any one time. Tasks only appear on the item’s task sub-tab until they have been completed. At that point they are automatically removed and can be accessed in Modelpedia under the ‘My Completed’ tab of your Task List