Holocentric: Who are we?
You might not realise it now, but you are looking at Australia’s next big software success story.
Our software has been recognised and used by some of Australia’s largest organisations including AirServices, BT Financial Group, Qantas, Sydney Water and Westpac. We don’t wish to brag but we have helped big companies get better.
We know we are onto something pretty special and we are looking for equally special talent to propel us forward.
Not your average software company
We don’t just provide IT services. We create software that changes large companies for the better. We delve into our clients existing knowledge, pick out their problems, and work together to develop solutions that drive continuous improvement. Understanding the DNA of an organisation is essential to bringing about change.
Holocentric is calling on all Tech-Ops to join our growing team in North Sydney.
We aren't just looking for someone to who merely gets the job done. We want someone who will challenge our status quo. Ideally, you will be organised, self-starting, and able to smoothly interface across the various personalities of developers and customers.
The role has a strong documentation and reporting responsibility, ensuring that procedures are defined, maintained and followed to meet our customer SLAs for system stability and security. On call, and occasional out-of-hours work and customer on-site work will be required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provisioning and managing our small cloud server environment for high availability, continuity and performance, including:
- Capacity Planning and Provisioning
- Continuity Planning, Backup Maintenance and Recovery Testing
- Security Management and Testing
- Routine Database Performance Maintenance
- Technical liaison with our various providers
- Planning and managing cloud and on-premise server installations and upgrades.
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Managing internal VM suite for development and test environments
- Creating and maintaining deployment packages for core builds and patches
- Technical liaison with our external IT provider for changes to our internal IT environment
Your baseline skills and experience should include:
- Windows Server Administration, including Terminal Services
- SQL Server administration and configuration, for performance and continuity
- Networking fundamentals
- Familiarity or previous experience with .NET application development and/or deployment would be an advantage
- Experience with configuration management would be an advantage
- Virtual Machine administration, such as VMWare or Hyper V
Why you should choose us
We invest in our people and culture! We have open offices, offer flexible hours, provide collaborative workplace, host annual offsite company kick-off planning sessions, and host weekly drinks to recognise everyone’s contribution.
Holocentric is out to unleash the potential of both individuals and organisations as a whole. We don’t believe in fixing people in rigid roles, but rather seek to match interest and capability. Please do keep in mind that this is a new role in our company and presents a huge opportunity for you to take on increasing responsibility over time. Deployment automation, Azure/RemoteApp and Continuous Integration are all paths to which an enthusiastic individual could contribute.
Do you want to be part of something big?
So by now you would have realised that we aren't your average software company. We have big dreams for our business and our people.
You wouldn't want to be the one who missed their opportunity to be part of a company that is on its way to becoming Australia’s leading software company.
If you want to make a difference and be part of a team that takes pride in helping other organisations improve their business performance, then please apply with your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, telling us why you would like to join us.