Technical Business Analyst
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
- Elicitation of business requirements, system requirements and business rules from product management, customers, prospects and other stakeholders
- Maintain documentation artefacts including: Business Process Model, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), User Stories, Use Cases, user interface requirements, system interface requirements and technical specifications.
- Identify and address missing requirements for complete and cohesive solutions that satisfy the underlying business need, deliver on the desired value proposition and support the envisaged business processes and usage scenarios.
- Breakdown architectural and technical complexities of proposed solutions to identify underlying impacts that could compromise the desired outcomes
- Keep abreast of development progress and document technical design decisions, agreed variations and limitations. Maintain documentation artefacts throughout the project to ensure that the delivered solutions and documentation artefacts are aligned.
- Work with the development and test teams to identify and prioritise test scenarios and test cases
- Participate in system testing and coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Participate in the creation of end user documentation, training material, solution showcases and demonstrations
- Be the conduit between product management, marketing, development and test teams
- Work on R & D projects and help steer the future direction of our solutions, products and services
- Translate technical solutions and issues into business language to that stakeholders are kept informed, expectations are managed and win-win outcomes are achieved.
PERKS OF THE JOB
Some of the perks for working in a small, dynamic company include: great culture, open offices, highly collaborative workplace, offsite company kick-off and planning sessions, weekly catch up and drinks, plus a real ability to help shape our product future. We also have a share option scheme, so you can participate in the success of the business.
We don’t believe in fixing people in rigid positions, but rather seek to match interest and capability. If you like a challenge, want to deliver exceptional results and seek to reach your potential, we’d like to hear from you!
5+ years of experience of business information systems and software architectures
3+ years of experience using modelling tools, such as Holocentric Modeler, Aris, Enterprise Architect, System Architect etc.
Working knowledge of UML static notations and process modelling
Able to facilitate successful outcomes with key business and IT stakeholders
Articulate and a clear verbal & written communicator
Technical documentation experience
A self-starter; energetic and a team player
Fundamental technical troubleshooting abilities
Experience with Office products
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG?
So by now you would have realised that we aren't your average software company. We have big dreams for our business and our people.
You wouldn't want to be the one who missed their opportunity to be part of a company that is on its way to becoming a leading Australian software company.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident in the process of applying for citizenship.
If you want to make a difference and be part of a team that takes pride in helping other organisations improve their business performance, then please apply with your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you would like to join us.