Technical Writer/Training Coordinator
We take a holistic approach to improving the way businesses work.
Using our Business Management System (BMS), we provide organisations with a compelling information management platform to enable customers to drive efficiencies and performance while providing personalised information for each employee in the context of their role.
What's the role
This role sits within the Product Management team, leading training programs and self-support options as part of our total customer experience. The position is responsible for the design, development, implementation, coordination and facilitation of training. You will also maintain user guides, knowledgebases, FAQ’s and other technical resources related to product releases.
- Develop, administer and maintain a training curriculum/framework to support the product strategy
- Develop high quality technical training materials to be delivered in person, on-line and/or via self-paced individual developmental learning. Training may be classroom based or at a customer’s premises.
- Deliver face-to-face training as required
- Develop testing strategies to validate the level of student knowledge leading to an effective certification program
- Perform training needs analysis to implement an ongoing training calendar that supports customer and internal staff requirements
- Maintain training records and update relevant business systems
- Develop and update user guides, manuals and knowledgebases in collaboration with internal product experts and consultants
- Assist in creation of technical documents to support sales and marketing
- Ensure online help resources are maintained and feedback analysed for continuous improvement
- Promote and lead improvements in role-related processes and procedures
- Strong technical writing experience documenting software system processes and procedures
- Well-developed business acumen and understanding of technology and how they relate
- You will be an expert at taking technical concepts and distilling them into easy to use materials
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing training, support and help documentation
- Adult learning/education and training experience
- Dynamic trainer with the ability to engage all learner types and levels
- Advanced communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong IT and administration skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively as a team member
- Self-starter with well-developed time management and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise workload
- Relevant, but not essential, qualifications (eg. Cert IV TAE)
- Experience with self-paced learning packages and training video creation
- Proven ability to work with a diverse customer and employee base
- Strong desire to be part of a high growth company with a fast-paced, result-oriented culture
PERKS OF THE JOB
When working for us, you'll be a part of a highly collaborative and open work culture. As a member of our 'work hard, play hard' team, you'll have a hand in shaping the direction of our future product. In addition to offsite company kick-off and planning sessions and weekly catch-ups for drinks, we also have a share option scheme, so you can really participate in the success of the business.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG?
If you want to make a difference and be part of a dynamic team that takes pride in helping other organisations improve their business performance, then please apply with your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, telling us why you would like to join us.